First time: Embroidery

23:20 Unknown 9 Comments

When browsing through the 54th issue of Mollie Makes I came across lovely the cutest embroidery project made by Mollie Johanson. I was so taken by the smiling little treats that I could not resist trying to recreate some. I was able to make these without any experience and looking back these personalized tea towels could make a cheap and easy way to add a bit of fun to cleaning the kitchen.


I started by grabbing some left over canvas from a previous project and used thick thread to make the shapes. Although it might be advisable to sketch out the shapes beforehand I tried free handing the shapes which went well despite this being my first time attempting embroidery. I ended up making a napkin and kitchen towel by cutting the canvas in different shapes. This project was so easy and quick I’ll probably make a whole range of these, but seeing as I’ll soon be moving in with the boy I might have to make them a bit more gender neutral. I am already getting excited about the idea of doing some comic style BOOMs, POWs and BANGs. Logos with clear outlines will presumably work best, perhaps a tea towel with the Rolling Stones tongue logo would make a good father’s day gift! As with most DIY project the possibilities are endless. 

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Have you ever done any embroidery?

      Delete
  2. Yes I did! And this looks like a really fun project to me so I think I'm going to try it out soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Is there anywhere I could follow you to see your work? I would love to see it and I can always do with some inspiration. xx

      Delete
  3. Yes you can! You could follow me on Instagram and when I finished the project I could post a picture there. It' s just that I' m 14 years old so when you see my Instagram I don' t want to surprise you with my age... :) But if you would like that my name is: xsenne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I gave you a follow, looking forward to see your version! Don't worry about being 14, we have all been there and it is a great age to be :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks a lot! I followed you back as you maybe already noticed. And that´s so sweet to say <3
    Anyways really looking forward to your next blogposts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks hun! I saw you have also done quite a few cool DIY's, keep up the good work ;)

      Delete